Wednesday 19 January 2011

Zoom! Acrylic and ink on canvas. 30x 30"


Zoom!, originally uploaded by P Brown.

Painted this one today. It was one of those pieces that, nearing the end, I couldn't sit well with. I went off and did something else and this afternoon had a feeling that if I looked again, it would come together...

Really pleased with the result and can't wait to see it hung at the exhibition.

I am finding as I work at an increased pace that more and more I am drawn to white space as a major part of my present work. The large canvas with the blue background I have started (see below in earlier posts) is not coming together at all at the moment. It seems too crowded and heavy. I haven't given up on it, but as yet can't work out an agreeable way to break up the space I have filled.....

No comments:

Post a Comment